ADV’s syllabus is Australian-owned which means all funds remain in Australia – dedicated to ADV members – generating work in the Australian arts industry.
The program fosters and nurtures children’s development as whole person, not merely a dancing body. The syllabus covers a wide range of dance subjects including not only technique but also anatomy, nutrition, history, performance skills, creative dance, mime and improvisation, music appreciation and industry knowledge. Students become articulate and skilled pre-professionals.
The Syllabus from Beginner levels to Major Four include:
- A comprehensive approach to dance education
- Safe Dance
- Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Solo Performance
- Creative Choreography
- Musical Knowledge
- Dance History
- Basic Body Science
- Dance Terms & Vocabulary
- Understanding of body alignment and stage directions and terminology
- Attitude component including cooperative learning processes
- Communication sessions on career options in dance
If you want to learn more about Australia’s gold standard for learning dance.